Monday, February 27, 2012


Today Ticky-boo had her 6 month well baby appointment... it was only 2 months late (We had major issues getting her on our insurance, but that's a whole 'nother post that is shortly on its way), but at least I got her in...

Her stats:
Age: 8 months 5 days
Weight: 15 pounds 9 ounces (10th percentile)
Height:  25.25 inches (50th percentile)
Head Circumference:  43 cm (26th percentile)
Words she can say:  Mama, Dada, Hey, Bye Bye

The doctor is really pleased with her progress and her development.  She said she's a little concerned with her weight since at 4 months she was in the 50th percentile for weight and weighed 13.6 pounds, so she hasn't gained very much at all in 4 months.  She said since I just switched her formula and she's made such a turn around, that she wont get too excited about her weight until she sees what it is in a month or so.

She agreed with me that it was probably a milk allergy the whole time and she's pleased that all of Ticky-Boo's health issues have cleared up.  She said that there's a possibility that she'll outgrow it once she starts regular milk and is off formula, but once I told her that yogurt and cheese do the same thing to her that the regular formula did, she seemed less sure that she'd outgrow it.  I personally think this is something that we're in for for the long haul, but The Husband is lactose intolerant, so I am pretty used to accommodating.  It definitely sucks that as a huge milk lover, I'm now outnumbered in my house 2-1 with the milk allergy thing.  Oh well, I'll just continue to buy different types of milk... I just cant switch to the fake stuff.  And even if she doesn't outgrow it completely, maybe she'll at least become more tolerant to some types of milk products.  Only time will tell.

She had 3 shots today and did pretty well.  She did have a meltdown of pretty epic proportions, but she calmed down as soon as I picked her up!  So far she's done pretty well this afternoon.  Tonight she seems a little peaked, but I'm hoping she'll sleep good tonight and feel better in the morning.

While we were in her appointment, The Husband called and finally, after quite a few phone calls, Ticky-Boo actually "talked" to him instead of clamming up completely!!!  She'll go around all day saying "dadadadada" but the minute he calls, she shuts up completely!  But today, he finally got to hear her say Daddy!  I was so happy (and I know he was too)!

I have to say, technology today is amazing.  I cant imagine if this were 30 or 40 years ago and he was deployed.  When my dad was in the Navy back in the 70's, my grandparents were lucky to get a handful of phone calls an entire deployment!  Now, we get phone calls and emails and we've even gotten to skype from the different ports they've pulled into!  It definitely makes it easier... on everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment